In recent years, attention to CSR, the environment and sustainability in business has increased. More and more companies have received a quality mark in the form of, for example, a Green Key.
Green Key Gold
We are proud of the fact that we have been in possession of the Golden Green Key for many years. With this we meet the highest requirements of the quality mark and we belong to the top of the approved companies in the Netherlands. With this Golden Green Key we want to show you as our guest that sustainable business practices play a central role within our organization.
What do we do in the field of CSR sustainability and environment, among other things?
Energy and Water
- Both the main buildings and the bungalows are all equipped with low-energy or LED lighting. The outdoor lighting also complies with this criterion.
- The lighting on the tennis and squash courts is linked to the reservation system, so no energy is wasted here either.
- Awareness and instruction of employees to be economical with energy, for example by turning off the air conditioning and lowering the heating in halls etc. The bungalow heating is also linked to the reservation system. This also provides a significant savings.
- Anti-fogging measures by door closers, automatically opening and closing doors and revolving doors.
- Use of the so-called gray water for flushing toilets. Excess pool water and rainwater are used for this purpose.
Food and drink
- We have a number of vegetarian and local products in our assortment.
- The fish is caught sustainably.
- We work with as little mono packaging as possible
Waste separation and cleaning
- Marveld has an extensive waste disposal area near the main building and waste disposal areas for its guests spread throughout the park. As a guest you can separate waste in cardboard and paper, glass, GFT and batteries. In addition, we collect cartridges separately.
- When cleaning the bungalows and the public and office areas we use microfiber cloths and we use dispensers and dispensing systems.
Sustainable purchasing policy
Within Marveld recreation we strive for a sustainable purchasing policy which also stimulates the market to a more innovative and sustainable approach to purchasing. In the choices regarding purchasing products we take into account the effect on mankind and the environment.
CSR consists of three pillars People, Planet and Profit
All efforts that can contribute to society. Not only charities contribute to CSR, but also the improvement of well-being of people inside and outside our company.
Planet, the world around us
Prevent waste, improve the environment, and reduce CO2 emissions. Sustainable procurement policy.
Profit, therefore profit
It is clear and demonstrable that CSR makes money.