Lots to do for our young guests.
Marveld Recreatie is excellent for children’s outings. Especially with our fantastic playground!
From a subtropical swimming paradise with a huge number of slides to a cozy kids’ club. And don’t forget the almost countless number of playgrounds in our park. There is plenty to do and experience for children. During the weekends and school holidays, all kinds of fun activities are organized for young and old. Would you like to know exactly what to do for children during your stay? Then download the Marveld app. Mark the activity as a favorite and you will receive a pop-up on your phone 15 minutes before the activity starts.
Teun en Pleun
During your stay, get to know the park gnomes Teun and Pleun. The gnomes have built their house on the Marveld property. View the current animation program to see when Teun & Pleun will be present to welcome you. Looking for their home and the story? Take a look at the plateau where the Kidsclub is located.
There are many facilities available at the holiday park. There is a subtropical swimming pool with various slides, an outdoor pool, spray park for children, bowling alleys, indoor and outdoor tennis courts, a mini golf course, pitch and putt course (golf), indoor and outdoor playground, public sauna, supermarket, hairdresser, bar, snack bar, ice cream parlor and four different restaurants. You don’t have to leave the holiday park for fun!
Erop uit in de omgeving
Not only is there a lot to see and experience in the park, there is also plenty to do outside. Discover the fortified town of Groenlo or Winterswijk! Experience the Achterhoek at its best! Be surprised by the beautiful historic heart with an attractive shopping center, an extensive market, countless hospitable restaurants, special museums and places of interest.
Nice outings in the area with children can be found here. Below is a small selection from the huge list of option.
- Groenlo Vestingstad Express: Groenlo Vestingstad Express: This tourist train runs daily in high season and during holidays (with the exception of Fridays) from our holiday park. In the early and late season, the train only runs on Wednesdays and weekends. A historic ride of about two hours with the Vestingstad Express along the striking places of Groenlo and the most beautiful attractions in the wider area. The drivers are the guide.
- Escaperoom Groenlo: Will you save Prince Frederik Hendrik? While Grolle is occupied by Spaniards in 1627, Prince Frederik Hendrik’s troops are advancing further and further to recapture the city. But the Spaniards are not sitting still. Do you have what it takes to save the Prince and the city during this escape room in Groenlo? It is a 7-minute drive from Marveld.
- Natuurpark de Leemputten: a beautiful part of the Achterhoek. Relaxation and fun are central here. Explore the animal-rich nature reserve on the pedal boat, take a walk on the forest path, enjoy the terrace or the beach or play and get dirty in our playground. It is a 10-minute drive from Marveld.
- Kaasboerderij Weenink: Cheese farm Weenink is a real experience farm. Children can walk among the animals and cuddle with calves, rabbits and ponies. You will also learn how to milk cows by hand on an “artificial cow”. Jumping on the air trampoline, digging in the sandbox or playing along with Farmer’s Golf or the Farmer’s Games: it’s all possible on our farm. It is a 10-minute drive from Marveld.
- Megapret: From an indoor playground to an outdoor playground, from miniature golf to a water playground: everything is possible at Megapret. The enormous surface of the park makes it the ideal play paradise for your children. It is a 10-minute drive from Marveld.
- Melkveehouderij de Weiden: At Dairy Farm De Weiden it is possible to take a tour of the farm. During the tour they tell you everything about the farm, you can see with your own eyes how the cows are housed and you can see how they are sunbathing in the meadow in the summer. They also like to introduce you to other animals such as goats, ponies and cats. It is a 10-minute drive from Marveld.
- Avonturenpark Sevink Molen: At Sevink Avonturenpark, the children can happily stroll around inside and outside in a safe, fenced environment. Trampolines, a climbing castle, electric scooters, a slide, climbing nets and an authentic merry-go-round: there is plenty to do. It is a 15-minute drive from Marveld.
- Kartbaan Winterswijk: Possibilities: karting, laser tag, glow golf, bowling, prison island escape room, F1 simulator, bubble ball football, speed coccer and 6-D cinema. It is a 15-minute drive from Marveld.
- Skopein Winterswijk: Cinema in Winterswijk. A fun activity on a rainy day. It is a 15-minute drive from Marveld.
- Hof van Eckberge: A 25,000m2 attractively decorated experience park with a zoo, bowling, 400m2 laser tag jungle, relaxation area, challenging indoor and outdoor climbing structures, 10,000 liters of saltwater aquarium, ‘natural play’, cable car, air trampoline and wooden play and climbing equipment. In the zoo, the experience path takes you past all the animals. It is a 15-minute drive from Marveld.
- Doolhof Ruurlo: Open from mid-September to mid-May. You can rent canoes for 1, 2 and 3 persons or the stand up paddle. The Berkel is a small river that rises near the German town of Vreden and crosses the Dutch border at Rekken. It is also possible to play clog golf or go klootschieten. It is a 20 minute drive from Marveld
- Klimbos Ruurlo: At the Klimbos in Ruurlo you are at heights of 3 to 12 meters above the ground. You choose 6 different climbing adventures through the forest and complete the course in a safe way. A cool adventure for the whole family! Suitable for children from 7 years. It is a 15-minute drive from Marveld.
- Kanoverhuur ten Brinke: open from mid-September to mid-May. You can rent canoes for 1, 2 and 3 persons or the stand up paddle. The Berkel is a small river that rises near the German town of Vreden and crosses the Dutch border at Rekken. It is also possible to play clog golf or go klootschieten. It is a 20-minute drive from Marveld.
- Erve Brooks: stimulate your senses in the barefoot country! Kids will be impressed by this one and a half hour experience for their little feet. This is a unique outdoor activity for them; they run through muddy paths and feel the grass tickle between their toes. In the meantime, parents can relax at the adjacent lake or join in with their children. It is also possible to walk the exciting adventure trail. Climb, run, pull, push and jump during the walking tour. It is a 30-minute drive from Marveld.
- Monkeytown: Children can climb and clamber in the indoor play paradise, slide down slides, crawl through tunnels and jump on the trampolines. Or play with super Lego, romp in the ball pits and play football or basketball in the extra large football cage. It is a 30-minute drive from Marveld.
- Het land van Jan Klaassen: Both inside and outside there is so much to do that your children will be short of eyes, ears and time. Of course, the stories of Jan Klaassen and Katrijn should not be missing. These are shown several times a day in the puppet theater. It is a 35-minute drive from Marveld.
- Biotopwildpark Anholter Schweiz: Biotopwildpark AnHolter Schweiz is a wildlife park with 6 km of hiking trails and about 50 animal species in a natural environment. Nature is the beginning of all life. It is a 35-minute drive from Marveld.
- De Vetweide: The surroundings of Almen are ideal for a walk. To make it even more fun for children, you can take a walk with a donkey. It is a 40 minute drive from Marveld.
- Stichting Berkelzomp: Beautiful tourist boat trips can be made from the beginning of April to the end of October. about the Berkeley. The former merchant shipping on the Berkel between Billerbeck (D) and Zutphen is experienced in this way. It is a 40-minute drive from Marveld.